General Hire or Contract Lift
We offer two types of service including General Hire or Contract Lift, under both types an *Appointed Person is required.
- General Hire – As part of the general hire, the client would be fully responsible for supervising the work undertaken and would have full liability for the lift. It is therefore essential that you have a suitably qualified *Appointed Person with appropriate training, knowledge and skillset.
- Contract Lift – Our Contract Lift service is the solution for clients looking for a fully managed lift. We provide everything including, site visit and survey, detailed Lift Plan inluding Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings, Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Appointed person, and single or multiple cranes required to conduct the operation.
*Appointed Person – This individual is responsible for the execution and safety of a lifting operation. We know the slightest error during the lift planning could result in safety risks and great cost to your company so we always recommend that your Appointed Person has full awareness of the extensive planning and legal requirements that are required including the following:
- Selection of crane, lifting gear and personnel
- Instruction and supervision
- Consultation where necessary with other organisations
- Ensuring adequate inspection and maintanence of Lifting Equipment
- Ensuring effective procedures are in place for reporting defects, incidents and corrective action
- Responsible for the organisation, control and safety of each lifting operation
General Crane Hire or Contract Lift?
If you’re unsure of what option is right for you, get in touch and a member of our team will offer their advice and expert opinion.